Hardye's School had accommodated boarders at various times during its history
(see the School History section).
The first boarding house of recent times was South Walks House, opened in 1929,
followed by Southfield House in 1942, and finally Heathcote House in 1951.
A map from 1956 showing all three boarding houses:
lower left - Southfield House; lower right - Heathcote House; centre - South Walks House with Swimming Pool (unmarked, but to the right of the Cattle Market).